1. Although 60 degrees may feel beautiful during the day, at 3 a.m., it’s flannel-jammies-and-blankets weather.
2. Birds start singing at a ridiculously early hour. What do they have to be so happy about? And why do we assume they’re happy?
3. Except the raptors. They don’t sing. They just shriek as if they’re about to kill something, which they probably are. Raptors are awesome.
4. Cars start moving at about 4:30 a.m. Where the hell are you going at that hour?
5. Once the sky begins to lighten, any sleep you manage to get is going to be full of very strange dreams. Like the filthy, stinky wolverine with the sharp-edged lid of a tin can stuck to its paw snuffling and grumbling between me and my destination. Which, I think, was a guy dancing in a doorway. Maybe it was a Hugh Jackman thing…